Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Does Massage really help alleviate low back pain?

 

In my experience, yes, massage can be a very effective way of managing and relieving back pain.  Massage, along with other forms of self care, will help get you there faster.

I’m a firm believer in that the more you can do for yourself, the better off you are. So incorporating yoga, tai chi, or other forms of movement and stretching in your daily routine will definitely help keep you on track.

Sometimes though, it just works better to have someone do the work for you! I like to incorporate range of motion moves in with my massages, especially when someone is dealing with decreased movement and pain. It is always done to the clients level of comfort.

Many people with back pain are surprised at how much better they feel after a massage session, and how much easier it is for them to move. My clients that see me on a regular basis are aware of how much massage helps them to maintain their flexibility.

Man with Low Back Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment